VALENTINA OBRADOVIC, DDS
Dental Implants vs Dentures Vista Ca
If you have been searching for a viable alternative to dentures and you reside in San Diego, dental implants can be conveniently obtained at Adriatic Dental. Whether you’ve grown tired of your dentures or you still need to replace missing teeth, Dr. Valentina Obradovic can explain your options and help you determine if dental implants are right for you.
Dental Implant Basics
Dental implants are made up of three important parts: the titanium implant, the abutment, and the crown. After the implant is surgically placed in the jaw bone, the integration process begins, creating a connection between the jaw and implant that mimics the one between the jaw and a natural tooth. The abutment is fitted over the exposed part of the implant followed by the crown, which resembles a natural tooth.
Dental Implants vs. Dentures
Strength and Stability
• Implants are surgically embedded into the bone socket like natural teeth, giving them superior strength and stability.
• Because they are not secured to anything, dentures are prone to slippage.
• Implants can last a lifetime with proper care.
• Dentures eventually break down and need to be replaced.
• Implants are made from titanium, which is naturally compatible with the human body.
• Dentures are made from incompatible materials such as flexible plastic, acrylic, and cast metal that cannot be maintained in the long run.
Bone Growth and Deterioration
• As the implant integrates with the jaw bone, it supports the bone and preserves the structure of your jaw, encouraging growth and preventing deterioration.
• Dentures do not stimulate bone growth; they simply rest on the gums and do not ward off further deterioration.
Adriatic Dental, a San Diego dental practice, can replace your dentures or missing teeth with dental implants.